Complete Buying Guide For Alexandrite Engagement Rings
Jun 07,2023 | Juyoyo
When it comes to engagement rings, couples are often looking for a unique and meaningful symbol of love. While diamonds are a traditional choice, there is one gemstone that offers captivating beauty and fascinating symbolism - alexandrite. Alexandrite varicose engagement rings are known for their remarkable color-changing properties and rich symbolism. In this blog, we will delve into the world of alexandrite engagement rings.
What Is Alexandrite?
Alexandrite is a unique and highly valuable gemstone known for its remarkable color-changing properties. It belongs to the chrysoberyl mineral family and is renowned for its ability to exhibit different colors under varying light sources. Alexandrite was first discovered in Russia's Ural Mountains in the 1830s and was named after the Russian tsar, Alexander II.
The most distinctive feature of alexandrite is its color shift, which is often described as a transition between green in daylight or fluorescent light to red or purplish-red under incandescent or candlelight. This phenomenon, known as the "alexandrite effect," is due to the stone's strong absorption of light in specific parts of the spectrum.
Pros And Cons Of Alexandrite Engagement Rings
Alexandrite is a unique and fascinating gemstone with distinct pros and cons. Before considering alexandrite gemstones for your jewelry, it is important to understand their pros and cons.
- Rarity and Exclusivity: Alexandrite is a rare gemstone, making it highly sought after by collectors and enthusiasts. Its scarcity adds to its allure and exclusivity, allowing you to own a truly unique and precious gemstone. Choosing an alexandrite engagement ring ensures that you have a rare and exceptional piece of jewelry that stands out from the crowd.
- Unique Qualities: The most notable advantage of alexandrite is its remarkable color-changing property. The stone shifts from green or bluish-green in daylight to red or purplish-red under incandescent light. This mesmerizing color change adds a dynamic and enchanting element to the ring, creating a captivating and ever-evolving piece of jewelry.
- Durability: Alexandrite has a hardness of 8.5 on the Mohs scale, indicating excellent durability. It is suitable for everyday wear and can withstand the rigors of daily life without significant damage or scratching.
- Symbolism and Meaning: Alexandrite is associated with various symbolic meanings and metaphysical properties. It is believed to bring luck, prosperity, and harmony to the wearer. The stone is often associated with transformation and personal growth, symbolizing the ever-changing nature of life and love. By selecting an alexandrite engagement ring, you incorporate these meaningful aspects into your special commitment.
- Not as Durable as Diamonds: Although alexandrite stones are hard and durable, they are still not as hard as diamonds. For those looking for an engagement ring that stands out from the rest, an alexandrite engagement ring is a great choice.
- Price: Due to its rarity and exceptional quality, alexandrite tends to be more expensive compared to other stones. High quality Alexandrite stones with intense color variations and excellent clarity can command a higher price. Therefore, it may not be the best choice for those on a tight budget.
How To Choose An Alexandrite Engagement Ring
Engagement rings play this important role in a proposal, so you need to be careful before picking the best alexandrite engagement ring. Here are a few factors to keep in mind before buying an alexandrite engagement ring.
Cut: The cut of the alexandrite impacts its overall beauty and sparkle. Choose a well-cut stone that maximizes its brilliance and color display. Popular cuts for alexandrite include round, oval, cushion, and emerald cuts. The cut should showcase the gemstone's color-changing properties while accentuating its natural characteristics.
Juyoyo Pear Shaped Alexandrite Solitaire Yellow Gold Engagement Ring
Size and Carat Weight: Determine your desired size and carat weight based on personal preference and budget. Keep in mind that larger, high-quality alexandrite gemstones are rarer and more valuable. Striking a balance between size and quality is crucial to ensure you choose a visually appealing and valuable gemstone.
Juyoyo Pear Shaped Lab Alexandrite Rose Gold Engagement Ring
Clarity: Consider the clarity of the alexandrite gemstone. Look for stones with minimal visible inclusions or blemishes. The clearer the gemstone, the more light can pass through, enhancing its brilliance and overall visual appeal.
Juyoyo Oval Cut Lab Alexandrite Rose Gold Engagement Ring
Color: Evaluate the intensity and saturation of the alexandrite's colors. The green or blue-green hues should be rich and vivid, while the red or purplish-red tones should be deep and vibrant. Avoid stones that appear pale or washed out, as they may not showcase the true beauty of alexandrite.
Juyoyo Pear Shaped Lab Alexandrite White Gold Pavé Engagement Ring
The unique color-changing properties and symbolism of alexandrite make it the perfect choice for an engagement ring. By taking into account factors such as the color variation, clarity and cut of alexandrite, you can choose the perfect alexandrite engagement ring. If you want a unique engagement ring to symbolize your love, an alexandrite engagement ring is a perfect choice.